Southwest Eye Care is a full-service ophthalmology and optometry practice with locations in Chaska, Norwood Young America, Glencoe, Minnetonka, Hutchinson, Belle Plaine, Watertown, and Westonka/Mound. We strive to satisfy the eye care needs of our patients by offering the most up-to-date instrumentation, well trained and friendly technicians and staff, and the latest in high quality eyeglass frame and lens designs.
At each Southwest Eye Care location, we believe in creating a positive experience for patients. Our energy as a team transfers through to patient care, resulting in our patients leaving with a smile. Candidates must enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication skills, be attentive to details and have a hunger to learn.
Southwest Eye Care is currently hiring for 3 positions:
Human Resources Manager
Full-time – Chaska, MN
Southwest Eye Care is a full-service Ophthalmology and Optometry practice with 8 Minnesota locations. We are seeking a full-time (32 hours/week) HR Manager to join our Practice. This position is based out of our Chaska clinic but will travel between all clinics, as needed. The HR Manager develops, implements and administers human resource policies, strategies and services that advance organizational objectives and support a culture of positive employee relations. Candidates will have excellent communication skills, be attentive to details, and have a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. You must enjoy a fast-paced environment, be a self-starter, have previous HR experience, and enjoy working in a team environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Provides support in the handling of HR-related activities such as; employee relations, fielding employee questions or concerns, communication and the interpretation of policies and procedures.
• Coordinates programs to attract qualified candidates through the design and placement of position announcements, advertising, and/or participation in job fairs.
• Coordinates hiring process, recruits and interviews candidates; provides management with hiring recommendations; conducts reference checks, negotiates salary offers, and issues job confirmation letters, new employee orientation, and other internal communication.
• Conducts ongoing information and training sessions to develop employees and provide support and problem resolution.
• Oversees payroll-related functions including but not limited to processing new hires, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit. Assists with the review, verification, and processing of payroll data. Responds to all payroll-related inquiries.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. HR Certification (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP) preferred.
Health benefits, retirement plan, and vacation package available.
Full-time – Chaska, MN
Southwest Eye Care is seeking an Optician to join our Chaska clinic. At each Southwest Eye Care location, we believe in creating a positive experience for patients. Our energy as a team transfers through to patient care, resulting in our patients leaving with a smile. Candidates must enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication skills, be attentive to details, and thrive working with a team.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Styling and ordering patient eyeglasses
• Dispensing contacts and eyeglasses
• Repairing eyeglasses
• Administering minor accounts receivable functions including billing for product and services, entering payments from patients, and reconciling daily monies received
• Front desk tasks (scheduling appointments, checking patients in and out, insurance verification)
As an ambitious self-starter, this person will guide our patients through the eyecare process while building lasting relationships. We will train the right candidate. Three years optical experience or customer service experience required. ABO and NCLE certifications preferred. CPO certification after 6 months of hire.
Health benefits, retirement plan, and a vacation package are available. Paid training. Professional certification reimbursement available.
Full-time – Belle Plaine, MN
Southwest Eye Care is seeking an Optometrist to join our clinical practice. This individual will work half-time in Belle Plaine and half-time in our other clinics, as needed. We are looking for a person who enjoys a fast-paced environment and has experience performing eye exams, diagnosing and treating eye diseases, prescribing eyeglasses or contact lenses, fitting contact lenses, performing pre- and post-operative care, and emergency eye care. Must have exceptional communication, interpersonal, and people management skills.
• Doctor of Optometry
• Current license in the state of Minnesota
• 3 years experience in health care industry
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance, retirement, and PTO.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.