Southwest Eye Care is a full-service ophthalmology and optometry practice with locations in Chaska, Norwood Young America, Glencoe, Minnetonka, Hutchinson, Belle Plaine, Watertown, and Westonka/Mound. We strive to satisfy the eye care needs of our patients by offering the most up-to-date instrumentation, well trained and friendly technicians and staff, and the latest in high quality eyeglass frame and lens designs.
At each Southwest Eye Care location, we believe in creating a positive experience for patients. Our energy as a team transfers through to patient care, resulting in our patients leaving with a smile. Candidates must enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment, have excellent communication skills, be attentive to details and have a hunger to learn.
Southwest Eye Care is currently hiring for 2 positions:
Full-time – Belle Plaine, MN
Southwest Eye Care is seeking an Optometrist to join our clinical practice. This individual will work half-time in Belle Plaine and half-time in our other clinics, as needed. We are looking for a person who enjoys a fast-paced environment and has experience performing eye exams, diagnosing and treating eye diseases, prescribing eyeglasses or contact lenses, fitting contact lenses, performing pre- and post-operative care, and emergency eye care. Must have exceptional communication, interpersonal, and people management skills.
• Doctor of Optometry
• Current license in the state of Minnesota
• 3 years experience in health care industry
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance, retirement, and PTO.
Full-time – Hutchinson, MN
Responsible for providing patient care and outstanding customer service. Performs duties included but not limited to optical, front desk, contact lenses, assisting doctors and accounts receivable.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Optical duties as assigned including but not limited to frame selections, ophthalmic lens ordering, frame ordering, glasses adjustments, dispensing glasses, dispensing contacts, repairing glasses, verifying glasses and frame orders, and notifying patients when product is available.
• Contact lens responsibilities including patient contact lens orders, verifying contact lens orders, ordering contact lens trials, and I & R classes.
• Administer minor accounts receivable functions including billing for product and services, entering payments from patients, reconciling day end balancing.
• Perform front desk duties included but not limited to answering phones, greeting patients, checking in patients, prepping charts, filing, verifying insurance, and scheduling appointments.
• Assist doctors during clinic times by taking patient health histories, visual acuities, and perform pretests requested by the doctors. Prep exam rooms for clinic and close down rooms after clinic.
• Other administrative duties including but not limited to reconciling monthly statements with invoices, ordering office supplies, sending recalls, and cleaning the office.
• Travel to other offices required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
• Outstanding customer service
• Computer skills
• Eager and willing to learn optical knowledge
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
• Interpret and dispense optical prescriptions
• Lensometry knowledge
• Basic book keeping skills
Three years related optical experience or customer service experience required. ABO and NCLE certifications preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required. CPO Certification within 1st year of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Health benefits, retirement plan, and vacation package available.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.